Since I was gone most of the weekend, the goal for this week’s meal plan and shopping list was to be even simpler than usual! And as
always, frugality was important as well.
Here is what our shopping list looked like for this week:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Romaine, spinach, and lettuce for salads
- Extra spinach for smoothies
- 1 onion
- 1 can black beans
- frozen berries
- bag of lemons
- banana peppers
- Greek yogurt
- cream of mushroom soup
Smoothies for breakfast again this week. And this week, I am following this smoothie recipe.
Monday: Burrito bowl (without chicken)
Tuesday: Cabbage casserole (recipe at the end of this post)
Wednesday: Leftover Pot Roast Stew
Thursday: Garlic butter spaghetti with herbs
Monday: Leftovers (we went out to dinner on Sunday night, and had plenty of leftovers
for the next day.)
Tuesday: Burrito bowl leftovers (wrapped in tortillas)
Wednesday: Cabbage casserole leftovers w/ salad in a jar
Thursday: Pot roast leftovers w/ salad in a jar
Friday: Spaghetti leftovers w/ salad in a jar
Salad in a jar
Carrots w/ peanut butter
Again, since I was gone over the weekend, the only food prep I did ahead of time was to make our salads in jars. Instead of putting chicken in them (which is what we did last week), I used garbanzo beans. Other ingredients include: romaine lettuce, carrots, banana peppers, bell peppers, cucumbers (only in half of the salads since Andrew doesn’t like them.)
3-ingredient Cabbage Casserole
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 1 big can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pound ground beef (we used deer meat)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- While the oven is heating up, brown the ground meat.
- Add the cream of mushroom to the meat, and stir until combined.
- In a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish, create a layer of cabbage.
- On top of the cabbage layer, spread a layer of the meat/soup mixture.
- Create another layer of cabbage on top of that, and then another layer of the meat/soup mixture.
- Repeat the layers until your meat and cabbage
are all gone. The top layer should be the meat/soup mixture.
- Cook the casserole for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool and serve!