Well, this was week I actually started looking pregnant! I literally feel like my tummy popped out overnight. When Andrew saw me Friday morning, he acted shocked, and said that was the first time he thought I looked pregnant. Then my parents came to visit for the weekend, and they said the same thing. So I think it’s safe to say I am showing. And my normal clothes are fitting me much differently than they usually do. Bonnie is growing!!! This week was also Andrew’s last week off before going back to school. I enjoyed every moment of it, and I’ve already started praying him through the upcoming quarter… it’s gonna be a toughie! My biggest prayer requests between now and the time of Bonnie’s birth are:
- That Andrew will not fail any classes between now and then.
- That God will continue to prepare Andrew and me to be godly parents.
- That my body will be up for the task of birthing a baby, and that Bonnie’s birth will be complication-free.
- That Bonnie will be born healthy, and that she will wait until after Andrew’s last final to get here.
- That God will provide a job that will allow me to stay home with Bonnie after she is born.
I am not willing to put Bonnie childcare after her birth, and when I weigh the amount of money that I make at my current job with the cost of childcare, it would not make sense financially to put her in daycare. Even if it did make sense financially, there is just no way I can come to terms with parting with her for eight hours a day, and putting her care into the hands of others. It’s up to Andrew and me to nurture her, and love her, and teach her about Jesus. I already take that so seriously, and just cannot justify leaving those things up to someone else. How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain? Not sure. I was up 4 pounds at my 16 week appointment, but I’m sure I have gained at least a pound this week!
Maternity clothes? Yes. The shirt I’m wearing in the picture is maternity!
Stretch marks? No… hoping to avoid these altogether.
Sleep: Better this week.
Best moment this week: My parents visited over the weekend, and their entire visit was such a treat!
Miss anything? No… feeling very happy, and so blessed.
Movement: Nope. Still waiting!
Food cravings: Not for anything specific.
Anything making you feel queasy or sick: Raw meat still. And ironically, hardboiled eggs. This is a new development, and I normally love eggs!
Showing? Yes. I think even people who don’t know me can tell I am pregnant now!
Labor signs: No.
Symptoms: I’m growing all the time… if that counts as a symptom…
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding ring on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, but still emotional.
Looking forward to: Feeling this baby move… I am getting impatient!
What’s Going on With Baby:
- Her skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone.
- Her umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker.
- Bonnie weighs 5 ounces, and is about 5 inches long from head to bottom.
- She has begun to develop adipose tissue, more commonly known as BABY FAT!