I felt like my usual self all day yesterday: happy, but kind of tired, and a little achy. Andrew and I went to the pool with some friends after lunch, and toward the end of our time at the pool, I was having pretty consistent contractions (what I assume were Braxton Hicks.) They stopped after about 30 minutes. We left the pool, and went about our afternoon.
A couple hours later, the practice contractions returned with a vengeance (after I drank a cup of red raspberry leaf tea, which always seems to bring on Braxton Hicks.) And they were accompanied by a surge of energy that lasted for hours. It was awesome, and such a welcome change to how tired I’ve felt as of late. And I got LOTS done around the house:
- Packed a “go bag” for the dogs, complete with feeding and sleeping instructions, for when it’s time for Andrew and me to head to the hospital.
- Cleaned the bathroom.
- Re-organized the kitchen cabinets.
- Put together a bag of stuff to donate to Goodwill.
- Put together a bag of clothing to take the the consignment store.
- Did 2 small loads of laundry…. Washed, dried, folded, and put away!
- Re-packed my hospital bag.
- Cleaned the kitchen counter and sink.
- Emptied and loaded the dishwasher.
- Cleaned out my purse.
All in a day’s (or an evening’s) work! I am feeling quite accomplished, energized, and ready to have this baby! I thought it would be neat if she were here by today, so that Andrew could have his first Fathers’ Day this year, but apparently, it just wasn’t meant to be! Bonnie is taking her time, and that’s actually okay with me.