By “better late than never,” I’m referring both to Baby Girl and to this post, as I’m now closer to the 40-week mark than to the 39th.
Some fun facts about this pregnancy:
- We thought she’d be here the first week of June. Obviously that ship has sailed.
- When I went into the fertility clinic for my very first ultrasound, to confirm pregnancy, it was estimated that I should be about 8 weeks pregnant; however, Baby was only measuring 6 weeks along according to the ultrasound. I went in for two more ultrasounds in the few weeks that followed, and she continued to grow accordingly.
- So basically, I feel like I have been pregnant forever.
- At this point, I’m having to remind myself every moment of every day that it is better for her to come later than I’d like than for her to come before she’s ready.
- I’m also really trying to cherish these last days of just Bonnie and me.
All of that being said, Andrew is flying to Texas the 17th-19th, so I’d really, really like her to come before then.
How far along? 39 weeks, almost 40.
Total weight gain? 19 pounds. I’ve lost a couple pounds over the past week or so. The same thing happened in the days leading up to my going into labor with Bonnie, so hopefully this is a sign that Baby’s birth is quickly approaching!
Maternity clothes? Yes, although I’ve outgrown many of them.
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: Better lately. Except that I wake up a little grumpy every morning when I realize I didn’t go into labor during the night.
Best moment this week: Seeing Bonnie dance and sing in church on Sunday. She’s only copying what she sees around her, but I love watching her close her eyes and raise her hands! She was extra enthusiastic this past week and had me cracking up!
Miss anything: Fitting into my clothes!!!
Movement: Still lots of consistent movement. And she feels quite big…
Food cravings: Nothing specific this week.
Anything making you feel queasy or sick: The iron supplements I’ve been taking make me feel a little queasy right after I take them, but it usually wears off quickly.
Labor signs: I wish I could answer differently, but no, absolutely none.
Symptoms: Mood swings, LOTS of pelvic pressure…
Belly button in or out? Completely out.
Wedding ring on or off? On. Still zero swelling in my hands and feet this time around.
Happy or moody most of the time: MOODY! The moodiest I have been the entire pregnancy.
Looking forward to: Having this baby!!!
What’s Going on with Baby:
- Is probably 7+ pounds by now. Crazy.
- She could be as long as 20 inches by now. Also crazy, although she feels every bit of 20 inches long inside my belly.
- Is able to flex her limbs.
- Is experiencing rapid brain development.
- Has fingernails that may extend past her fingertips by now.
- Is basically just taking advantage of my hospitality. And I’m getting less and less gracious about it by the day!!!
As of yesterday, Andrew is DONE with his residency, which means he is 100% DONE with chiropractic school! It has been such a long, difficult season in so many ways, and we are excited to move onto the next one, which we fully anticipate to be equally as difficult, but in different ways! We will be opening our practice toward the end of July/beginning of August, depending on how quickly he’s able to get his license to practice.
Both girls will be coming to the office with us daily, so I’m both excited and apprehensive about that, but I know they will rise to the occasion. I’m so excited to see what God does in our lives over these coming months.
But first things first….
IT IS TIME TO HAVE A BABY!!! I’m seriously praying that she is here before this time next week!