I’m feeling better than I have in months, and have been so productive this week! I think it might be mental now that I know our move is so close, and realize that I can’t put off packing any longer!
Remember that hutch I mentioned a couple weeks ago? I finally got it painted, and am so much happier with the result than I thought I’d be. Will share pictures once it’s in our house-house (as opposed to our half-packed rental house.) I’ve also done a few other smaller painting projects, and gotten rid of a couple big items that we didn’t want to have to move back with us (like the bed frame that’s in the picture below.)
Here is my 22-week belly photo, but I have to give a couple disclaimers:
- I look substantially bigger in person than in this picture. For some perspective, I had a woman tell me after church on Sunday that her granddaughter is 30 weeks pregnant, and my size, so she thought I was much farther along than I actually am. Lame. Here is a little tip: normal, non-size-related small talk works perfectly well with pregnant women. No need to discuss size!
- This picture was taken first thing in the morning. That’s relevant because I gradually swell up throughout the day, and am pretty large by the time the afternoon rolls around!
Here is a comparison between when I was 22 weeks pregnant with Bonnie.
How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain? 10 pounds as of a week or two ago, so I’m guessing 11 or 12 by now, but won’t have an official weigh-in for another few weeks.
Maternity clothes? Yep. Pretty much every day. And I’ve discovered a new appreciation for maternity jeans. So comfy!
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: Not great, but not as terrible as it has been. I only used the bathroom during the night twice last night, which was a huge improvement over the 4+ times I’ve been getting up at night.
Best moment this week: Baby Girl kicked me so hard the other day that it stopped me in my tracks. It hurt, but in such a cool way! Bonnie never did that, so the experience was completely new and amazing.
Miss anything? Sleeping on my stomach and back.
Movement: So much movement!
Food cravings: For the first time during this pregnancy I’ve had a sweet tooth all week.
Anything making you feel queasy or sick: Nope! Feeling great this week!
Labor signs: No.
Symptoms: Nothing new. Growing steadily, lots of movement, occasional cramps, and an overall tender belly.
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding ring on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Very happy!!!
Looking forward to: Moving HOME! And my first face-to-face meeting with my midwife.
What’s Going on with Baby:
- She weighs a pound or more by now!
- She is about 11 inches long.
- Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct.
- Her eyes have also formed, but irises still lack pigment (which means the colored part of the eye is not yet colored.)