1)The past few weeks have been the hardest in my motherhood journey so far I think. With one or both of the girls being sick, and Audrey’s sleeping struggles, I’ve barely been able to put one foot in front of the other. SO. TIRED.
2) Once both girls seemed back to their usual selves, it became apparent that Bonnie was ready to drop her nap. We were having major bedtime battles night after night, and she truly wasn’t tired at her usual bedtime of 7pm. She would come out of her room, she would fuss, and Andrew and I would battle with her until 10pm or later. And all of that commotion would wake Audrey up, because she’s the lightest sleeper ever. So nights have been the pits lately.
3) Once we finally ditched Bonnie’s nap, nights have been 100% better. She’s exhausted by bedtime. In fact, both girls were asleep for the night before 7pm last night. They both wake up early, but I love the early morning/early night combo. It gives me the evenings to spend with Andrew. We are currently spending them on a Prison Break marathon in preparation for Season 5 coming out soon. Can’t believe I just admitted that…
4) I dreaded the day when Bonnie would stop napping, but now that it’s here I really love it. Naps were a source of anxiety for her for weeks before we finally dropped them. I’ve been trying to let that be our quiet time together, and so far I’m really enjoying it.
5) Maybe part of the reason Audrey isn’t doing so great with baby-led weaning is because I only remember to actually offer food to her, like, almost never.
6) Sometimes I go an entire week without washing my hair. So I’m loving winter hats right now.
7) I actually only have one winter hat, but I’m really enjoying that one, and wishing I had more.
8) I CANNOT make myself get out of bed in the mornings before the girls wake up. All the experts say that’s what we should do, but I just can’t… especially in the winter!
9) Bonnie and I recently had this conversation, and I’m not even mad about it:
Bonnie: My nose is hurting.
Me, thinking she must have stuck something up there: Uh-oh. Is there something IN your nose?
Bonnie: Yeah, it was a booger.
Me: Did you get it out?
Bonnie: Um, yeah.
Me: Where did you put the booger, Bonnie?
Bonnie: Um, in my mouth.
I can’t believe conversations like these are actual conversations that I have with another human. A tiny human with huge opinions and a huge personality that wears me out by the end of each day and makes me so thankful for that early bedtime!
10) Blogging has been tough lately. It used to be such a joy to sit in front of the computer screen and work on blog posts, brainstorm new content, and daydream about what I would like the blog to become. But it has become a chore lately, and I am just not sensing the calling to it that I once did. That being said, writing this post was really fun, and even cathartic in a way!