***Just another reminder that the blog’s design is being worked on, so it may look a little crazy and be a little dysfunctional over the next couple of days.***
This week will be a busy week for both of us, so simplicity, speed, and flexibility were essential in planning this week’s meals! I will be working more than usual this week, as the other girl in our office
is out of town, and Andrew is ALWAYS busy with school! (:
Smoothies for breakfast again. I guess we are just creatures of habit!
In this week’s smoothies:
- Mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Almond milk or water
- Almond butter or peanut butter
- Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Monday: Easy “Chipotle” burrito bowls with cubed deer steak
Tuesday: Chipotle bowl leftovers on whole grain tortillas
Wednesday: Deer burgers on whole grain bread with steamed veggies
Thursday: Veggie pasta with whole grain noodles. (Recipe to come in the near future!)
Friday: Turkey bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado sandwiches
Saturday: Going out for Valentines Day??? If we decide to stay in, we have plenty we can cook for dinner.
Monday: Sandwich, grapes, a few cubes of cheese.
Tuesday: Tuna sandwiches, carrots w/ dip.
Wednesday: Chicken salad over greens with club crackers.
Thursday: Leftover burgers
Friday: Pasta leftovers
Bananas with peanut butter or almond butter
Cheese and whole grain crackers
Granola bars/protein balls
As a rule, I generally have most of these items on hand for quick snacking.
If you plan on following this meal plan, here are the groceries you will need:
- Frozen berries
- 1 large bag of spinach, or 2 regular-sized bags
- Almond milk
- Almond butter (or peanut butter)
- Greek Yogurt
- Ground flaxseed
- Small bag of lemons
- Romaine lettuce
- Brown rice
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 can black beans (optional)
- 1 onion
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapenos, or 1 jar of jalapenos
- Shredded cheese
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 large bag of frozen mixed veggies
- 1 loaf of whole grain bread, or you can make your own (sub. with gluten free bread if necessary)
- 1 package whole grain noodles (or gluten free noodles if you’re avoiding gluten)
- 2 cans tuna
- 1 can chicken salad
- 1 package turkey bacon
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado (or a package of prepared guacamole)
- 1 lime (if you’re making your own guacamole)
- Whole grain crackers
- Baby carrots
- Protein ball ingredients
- Minced garlic
- Basil (fresh or dried)
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
We had most of these items already, so our grocery list was nowhere near this long! After looking over the list you will probably notice that many of the items are staples in your home too, so you really should not need to buy all that much.