On November 6th of last year, Andrew, my mom and I, along with my wonderful doctor and one of her MAs, heard Bonnie Claire’s heartbeat for the first time. (If you’d like to read that post, you can find it here.)
As Thanksgiving is upon us (Can you believe it’s already November?) I am working on being intentional about maintaining a grateful attitude, in every circumstance. And I have so, incredibly much to be thankful for… so many people who have already played such a vital role in Bonnie’s very existence.
1) Christ Jesus my Savior, who is ultimately responsible for the gift of Bonnie’s life, and without whom I would be lost in every way.
2) My husband, who stuck by me through the past few years, in the midst of failed fertility treatments, and through a rough IVF cycle, and then finally, a happy, frozen transfer. My husband, who builds me up when I was at my lowest, and makes me laugh when I am at my saddest. I cannot wait to watch him cultivate his relationship with Bonnie over the next many years to come.
3) My parents, who have relentlessly given their support to Andrew, Bonnie and me over the past few years, in every way imaginable. Words could never adequately express my gratitude to and for them.
4) Dr. McKarthy-Keith at Georgia Reproductive Specialists. She and her team are nothing short of amazing. They hold such a special place in my heart, and not a day goes by that I do not feel thankful to them, and to God for putting me in contact with them. When we moved to Georgia I took a job that required driving an hour, on way, just one day a week. And every Thursday during my commute, I passed a billboard for GRS and ivf.com. So when I knew it was time to make a change, and find a doctor who would help us conceive, that billboard came to mind.
5) All of YOU! So many of you have been following along with our journey, and praying us through. I’ve been astounded by the prayers and support of so many people whom I’ve never even met. Thank you for the continuous words of encouragement you’ve given over the past few years, and for the prayers you have prayed.
Here is Bonnie at this time last year:
And here she is today:
What a difference a year makes!