Can y’all believe it’s nearly Easter already?! Where have February and March gone? We are already three quarters of the way through Bonnie’s first year of life on this earth, and Andrew is prepping for his chiropractic board exams which are this weekend (prayers for him are hugely appreciated.)
We aren’t giving Bonnie an Easter basket this year, although if we were, I’d be tempted by some of these from the Etsy shop SewEMG. Maybe next year! This year, my husband is hung up on getting a red wagon for her (similar to this one.) Our friends (they are also our neighbors, and Luke’s parents) have one, and Andrew has been talking non-stop about getting one for Bonnie ever since he saw how much their little boy loved his! I think that, secretly, the gift is more for him, but I am all for it, because I think he and Bonnie will really be able to enjoy it together. We spend a lot of time outside in the spring and summer, so I know it will get used a lot.
But, back to the hypothetical Easter basket, here is what I would fill it with if we were giving her one!
1) Bath toys- Babies (at least ours) LOVE bath time. I am partial to these, but you could always snag some cheap toys from Dollar Tree!
2) Bubbles- Homemade or store-bought. If you prefer making your own, here is a great step-by step. Bubbles are a fun way to kill time and play with Baby either outside or when you’re closed indoors.
3) Board books- You can’t have too many books! Here are some fun ones for Easter:
4) An Easter outfit- Since we are between seasons right now, baby stores like Carters and Gymboree usually have really good sales. Or… you could go the used clothing route and hit up a couple thrift stores, or shop online for the perfect outfit at ThredUp.com. Be carefully though… ThredUp is addictive!
5) A spring and/or summer sleeper- I don’t know about your babies, but our baby lives in her pajamas most days of the week! We are home a lot, and she’ll stay in her PJs until after lunch! These are something we avoid spending lots of money on, because she plays in them, eats in them, poops in them…
8) Taggies blanket- Bonnie is fascinated by blankets and textures right now! I really love this one for spring!
9) Bunny rabbit headband (or any headband)- We don’t plan on doing any big-time promoting of the Easter Bunny with Bonnie, but even so, bunnies are nice symbols of Spring, and this headband is just too adorable.
10) Stuffed bunny- I fell in love with this sweet bunny the moment I saw her!
11) The actual Easter basket! What baby doesn’t love a good basket to chew on, climb in, wear… This can also be a really precious keepsake, if you and your child can make it last through years of Easter egg hunts!