I mentioned yesterday that I spent some time over the weekend getting Bonnie’s hospital bag packed and ready to go. The list of what I am packing for Bonnie’s hospital stay is pretty short! Based upon what I hear, the hospital supplies almost everything the baby needs. Some moms prefer to bring their own special diapers, wipes, baby soap, etc., but I am not one of those moms. The simpler I can make things, the better! So we will happily use what the hospital provides!
Ultimately, we do plan on cloth diapering, but we will wait until we get home, and she has passed the meconium before we begin our cloth diapering adventure.
Here is what I’d originally planned on packing in her bag, and here is a short and sweet breakdown of what has actually ended up in Bonnie’s hospital bag:
- 3 onesies, in varying sizes
- 1 footed sleeper (I almost replaced this with a sleep sack, but realized that could become an issue if she needed to wear it home, since the sack would interfere with the car seat.)
- 1 pair of baby leggings, and a pair of stretch pants in case the leggings are too small
- Vaseline (I’ve heard if you rub a bit of this on the baby’s bottom after each diaper change, the meconium wipes off a lot easier.)
- 2 headbands (Totally unnecessary, but we had plenty of room in her diaper bag, and I’d like to take some pictures with her in them.)
- 1 pair of socks
- 1 pair of thin mittens
- 1 knit hat (The hospital will send her home in a hat, so I want hers to match her outfit.)
- 1 burp cloth
- 1 receiving blanket
- Nail clippers
- Nasal aspirator
- 2 pacifiers
I was tempted to pack a swaddle blanket, but eventually talked myself out of it…. for now!
And in the car waiting for her we have:
- Infant car seat
- Car seat cover
- Extra blanket for the car seat
And that’s everything for Bonnie! Of course, I could not have done it without the help of my trusty packing buddy:
Biscuit is so excited to meet our new addition. She has even been brushing up on her reading skills, just for Bonnie!
I’ve started packing my hospital bag as well, and plan on posting its contents next week!
If you have any suggestions for Bonnie’s bag, or for mine, I am all ears!