I spent some time cleaning out our pantry last week. I do my best to use the time that Bonnie is napping to get something productive done around the house. Her naps are getting shorter and shorter. Consequently, I get less and less done every day! But I did manage to clean out both our pantry and our freezer in the same day!
Since September is PCOS Awareness Month, I thought it would be fitting to share with you the pantry items I try to have on hand all the time. This list includes ONLY pantry items, and not refrigerated, frozen, or fresh foods. I certainly am not perfect, and I am no nutrition expert, so there may be things on my list that you would not want to include on your list. But this is what works for me!
- Decaf coffee
- Brown Rice
- Almond butter
- Peanut butter
- Chia seed
- Dates (I buy this kind, unless I can find the store brand.)
- Dried apricots
- Granola (homemade, or this kind)
- Dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Your favorite spices, dried herbs, and seasonings
- Kind bars
- Gluten free crackers (like these)
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Coconut sugar
- All purpose, gluten free flour
- Cacoa powder
I would love to hear some of your favorite, PCOS diet, pantry staples!