So, here is a quick recap of the past ten posts… ten things that had been on my heart for quite some time:
1) Walking… it is an amazing, free form of exercising. It can be done virtually anywhere, and with as few (none) or as many friends as you’d like! It helps combat disease, bad moods, and weight gain.
2) Fruits and veggies… we should ALL eat more of them. They provide antioxidants that our body cannot get from any other kinds of food. In the medical and scientific worlds, it is now believed that 75% of heart diseases are preventable… largely through diet and lifestyle. Diet meaning fruits and veggies. We cannot eat too many of them. The more we eat, the better off we are. And since the recommended number of servings for an active adult is between seven and thirteen daily, and since this is incredibly difficult to do, and since Juicing is costly and time-consuming, Juice Plus+ is the next best thing to fruits and veggies. And that statement is supported by SO MUCH scientific research.
3) Fat facts… We all need fats in our diet, and we need different kids of fats. Even saturated fats are good in moderation. The only fats we should avoid completely, and at all cost, are trans fats. These fats were never meant for human consumption. We need more unsaturated fats and fewer saturated fats. Read the original post for a quick list of some common foods that contain the best kinds of fats for our bodies (Omega 3)!
4) Good carbs, the ones that our bodies NEED, are minimally processed carbohydrates, which deliver essential nutrients to our bodies. The ones we can do without? Baked potatoes, chocolate cake, pastries, you get the idea… Whole grains are a wonderful source of good carbohydrates, and so are fruits and veggies.
5) Proteins… The more we can get from plants and nuts, the better! Eating red meat in moderation, but replacing it with beans, fish or grains is a great way to get healthy protein into the body. Although animal protein is fine, it is best to get most protein from plant sources. Small amounts of red meat and dairy help complete the protein puzzle!
6) Cleanliness is next to godliness. Okay… so that’s not true, but turning the home into a haven sure does make for a happier family, and a better outlook!
7) Money matters. It matters enough to be the cause of many, many divorces each year. When our finances are committed to God, along with every other part of our lives, we will begin to be good stewards of what God has given us, no matter how much or little it may be.
8) Praying and spending time in God’s Word, along and with your spouse (and children if you have them) is essential to living a life of wellness. When our spiritual lives and homes (our hearts and minds) are not in order, neither will our houses, our families, our finances, or our work situation be in order. Our relationship with our Savior is the only thing that brings peace, contentment, joy, and wellness.
9) Friends are important too! It is so important to have friends with whom we are like-minded. Friends to pray for, and who can pray for us in return. It is so important to be an active part of a body of believers. As Christians, God requires that of us.
10) We were created in the image of Christ. We are called to reflect Him in everything we say and do. We are called to be good stewards of the bodies, minds, and hearts that God gave us.
Thank you so much for letting me share some of my heart
with you these past two weeks! It has been so enjoyable, and I help it has helped motivate us all to be intentional about the way we live our lives, and the choices we make, each and every day!